Big Rig Involved In Major Crash As Tornado Reportedly Crossed I-35E In Ellis County - DailyNewsDallasTexas

Monday, May 3, 2021

Big Rig Involved In Major Crash As Tornado Reportedly Crossed I-35E In Ellis County

ELLIS COUNTY, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A tornado reportedly touched down in Ellis County Monday night, May 3.

CBS 11 storm chaser Mike Prendergast was following the path when he came across a serious crash on I-35E involving a big rig.

“It was a really bad accident,” said Prendergast. “That was where the tornado crossed. Several people that were a witness to it say they saw it cross. There were several cars that were thrown into the field next to Interstate 35E. There were at least two semis that were blown over and several cars involved as well in [the accident].”

There is no word on injuries.

Big rig wreck on I-35 in Ellis Co. during reported tornado (credit: Mike Prendergast).

Heavy rain, winds and lightning were prevalent issue in multiple North Texas counties Monday night.

Skylar Runnels shared video on Twitter of a tornado in Blum in Hill County.

There have been no reports of injuries or serious damage as of yet.



from CBS Dallas / Fort Worth https://ift.tt/3efLFNh

No comments:

Post a Comment